Friday, November 23, 2018

Best Time to Visit Periyar National Park


               
Periyar National Park in Kerala, God's Own Country is one of the most blessed wildlife sanctuaries in India. The national park can be visited throughout the year and every weather has its own distinctive charm. Temperature ranges from 15°C to 31°C. April and May is summer while monsoon lasts from June to September and winter extends from October to March. Go through the season wise details on planning your trip to Periyar.

Summers -April to May 27°C-37°C

Monsoon -June to September 26°C-35°C

Winter -October to March 9°C-17°C

Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary and Tiger Reserve is one of those few wildlife vacation destinations which are open in monsoons too. You can visit Periyar in any season. The best time to visit Periyar is mid October to April as the chances of bird sightings

increases during this period. From April till July, Periyar has mild summers. This is also one of the prime times to visit Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary and Tiger Reserve; because rare animal species are easy to spot during this time and the climate is pleasant and dry. The temperature in summers ranges between 29 degrees Celsius to 35 degrees Celsius.

              


"We visited in month of November and was ideal time to visit. Yes as mentioned ideal time would be October mid to April mid keeping monsoon and summer weather in mind."
"We went in the early morning, about 7:00 a.m. which the guides say is the best time. Cooler then and a better chance of seeing wildlife"

- Roadfy Travel Team

20 comments:

  1. Wow it gets really low in temperature there. I'm sure it is worth with standing to catch the sights and wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would absolutely love to visit India one day. It seems like it is such a beautiful country, rich in culture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I'd survive out there. I have a hard time in the cold! I'm sure it is a beautiful place to visit! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been there but I would love to be there. Such a lovely place. Seems you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The winter temperatures aren't that hot. That is pretty much the same range as we get in Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds amazing! What a great opportunity to experience wildlife and spend time outdoors! - K.A. Wypych

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful place. I would love to visit India.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to visit India one day! It has also been part of my bucket list. Thank you for sharing! Looks like a wonderful place! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the great info! Hoping to add India to our bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love wildlife sanctuaries. Periyar National Park would be on my list for birds alone when I make it to India, hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful that there might be the opportunity to see rare animals. I think it would be nice to go visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never been therebut it seems winter is the best time to go because it isn't too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This looks lovely. I have a friend who was able to tour Kerala for 2 weeks and he had the mightiest time. Hope that my family can visit Kerala someday, too. :D would love for the kids to have an adventure there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems like a very serene place. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like the perfect getaway for a quiet vacation. Beautiful and serene allowing time to bond with family and friends with few distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My friends visited the place before and they had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like such a peaceful place to visit. I'd probably go in the winter. Seens like the perfeect temperature!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a great post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a great national park to visit! Thank you for sharing this post. xo, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete